I’ve been in one lately. I didn’t realize it until now. For dinner tonight, I prepared burgers made from grass-fed beef. They were yummy and I have no complaints, but for the past few months there’s been a pretty tight rotation of hamburgers, tacos or chili. Sometimes meatloaf…if someone’s coming to dinner.
I purchase ground meat pretty often because it’s one of the cheaper cuts of meat. Grass-fed/pastured meat is crazy expensive, so I try to choose cuts like ground meat, roasts or stew meats. (I’ve even started to buy organs like liver! It’s a big step for me.)
So, I’m inspired to break out of my ground meat rut and try new recipes. Below are 15 yummy ground meat recipes from some amazing real food bloggers. Here’s to saving a little moo-lah!
What’s your favorite way to cook ground meat?
1. Chorizo-Spiced Lamb and Date Meatballs from Meatified
2. Roasted Vegetable Meatloaf-The Sprouting Seed
3. Grain-free Spaghetti Boats-The Savory Lotus
4. Viva La Beef Taquitos-The Elliot Homestead
5. Spinach and Chorizo Frittata-The Sprouting Seed
6. Meatloaf Cupcakes from Our Small Hours
7. Savory Shepherd’s Pie-The Savory Lotus
8. Oven Baked Burger-Healthy Living How To
9. Easy Beef and Cheese Mexican Casserole-Homemade Mommy
10. Green Chili and Cilantro Burgers from The Sprouting Seed
11. Butternut Squash and Beef Chili-The Sprouting Seed
14. Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey-Eat Your Beets
15. Salsbury Steak Stroganoff from DJ Foodie
*LOL. DJ Foodie says this meal is ugly as sin, but TAAAASTY
This post has gotten so much love lately, I thought I’d add a few more ideas!
- Burger Balls from DJ Foodie
- Double-Double Animal Protein Style from DJ Foodie
- Butternut Squash Shepherd’s Pie from Primally Inspired
- Stuffed Winter Squash from Gutsy By Nature
- The Original Hamburger Helper from Healthy Living How To
- Savory Meatloaf from Whole Green Love
- Chicken Florentine Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash by Popular Paleo
- Beef and Pumpkin Stew by Meatified
- One Skillet Paleo Dinner by Stupid Easy Paleo
- Moroccan Lamb Meatballs by Nearly Natural Momma